Okay…I’m not a celebrity, and I don’t play one on T.V. But I do have a playlist. And some of ’em aren’t on iTunes.
1. Tougher Than The Rest – Bruce Springsteen. Best love song ever written. Ever.
2. Little Girl Blue – Janis Joplin. When she sings, “I know you’re unhappy…honey I know just how you feel…” you know she ain’t lyin’.
3. Add It Up – Violent Femmes. I’ve waited my whole life for just one…
4. Come To My Window – Melissa Etheridge. “I would dial the numbers just to listen to your breath.” That is the hottest lyric ever written. Ever.
5. Sideways – Let’s Go Sailing. I just can’t get sick of this song.
6. Tumbling – Gumball. Obligatory obscure song that makes people say, “Look at how funky she is! I will never be hip.” Actually, a very cool song from an awesome CD.
7. Kayleigh – Marillion. Because it reminds me of 1985. But in the good way.
8. Coming Up Close – Til Tuesday. How many songs can make you feel homesick even when you’re home?
9. Pink Cadillac – Bruce Springsteen. Natalie Cole should never have been let within a mile of this song. Never.
10. Sunday Morning Coming Down – Johnny Cash or Kris Kristofferson. Either version. Just a great song.