A friend of mine has a fifteen year old daughter who works a paper route. The family is going away this coming weekend and I offered to take over the route while they were gone. Early this morning I drove the kid through her rounds so that I would have at least a vague clue of what I was doing come this weekend. Here are my initial thoughts:
1. Damn! Three o’clock comes twice a day?
2. Motion sensor lights are a good thing.
3. So are circular driveways.
4. Waking someone’s dog in the middle of the night is not a good thing.
5. Neither are skunks, especially when camped out underneath a deck. (In case you are reading this, Mrs. Mullis, that is why you did not get your newspaper this morning.)
6. Tip your paperboy/girl/woman. Generously.