I am in the midst of preparing a grand merchandising campaign for Waiting For Spring that will include mugs, keychains, hats, mousepads, and – eventually – tshirts. You can see some examples of this here at the Backwords Zazzle Store and here at my NewMillsPress Zazzle Store.
The reason I say “evenutally tshirts” is because I’m having a difficult time designing one (or possibly more). This is why I need your help.
If you have read Waiting For Spring, and can think of a good quote from the book, or something about the book or characters, that you think would look great on a tshirt, submit that idea here in the comments section. There is no limit to the number of quotes/ideas you can submit. I’ll pick my three favorites (*PLEASE let there be more than three ideas submitted*) and then we’ll put those ideas to a week-long vote. The winner’s submission will go on a tshirt, and the winner him or herself will win a free t-shirt.
- The contest starts today as soon as this blog entry is posted.
- The deadline for ideas is Sunday August 9, 2009 at midnight (EDT).
- Voting for the three favorites (picked by me) will commence on Monday August 10 (as soon as I get out of bed and get the poll posted).
- Voting will end Sunday August 16 at midnight (EDT).
- Winning entry will be announced Monday August 17 (as soon as I get out of bed).
- I don’t know legalese, but by submitting an idea for the contest, entrants agree that their idea(s) may be used on products for promotion of RJ Keller’s novel, Waiting For Spring.
Other rules to be posted as needed, or as questions arise.
New Rule 7. No quotes that reference Chef Boyardee due to copyright issues.
In the meantime, you can hear more about the contest – and other exciting stuff – on my newest video blog: