I approach each new winter with the joy and excitement of a little kid. I dream of snowmen and snow forts and snowball fights – yes I really do, even though I should have built up an immunity to such things years ago. It doesn’t take long for the novelty to wear off, though. Usually by February’s dawn, I have long grown tired of shovelling the dooryard and salting the walkway and driving on slippery roads. In fact, last winter I’d had enough by January 2.
But today, with the season’s first taste of snow still lingering on my tongue – and heating oil almost half the price it was last year – I’m still in the first-blush-of-romance stage with Winter 2008. In that spirit, here is a list of What I Love About Winter:
- I really, really love my scarf and mittens. (see loverly picture)
- Two words: Hot cocoa.
- Bad hair day? Pull on a snow hat. Problem solved.
- When the bad roads keep me home, I can enjoy the A&E 6-hour version of Pride & Prejudice guilt-free.
- Ditto Star Wars 1-6.
- Ditto Lord Of The Rings 1-3.
- I’ve been working on my sweater body for months, and now I finally get the chance to show it off. 😀