I’ve been ‘tagged’ by Jaden @ ScreenWriting for Hollywood to post eight random facts about myself. Here goes:
1. I got my very first crush on Han Solo after seeing Empire Strikes Back at the drive-in theater at the age of nine. I want to be clear about this: Han Solo, not Harrison Ford.
2. I rarely wear matching socks. I hate folding them, so I throw them all in a big basket and most days I just pick out two at random.
3. I cut my own hair because I’m too cheap to go to a salon. I use the money I save to buy books.
4. In high school, I wrote a term paper for a guy I had a crush on. (Not Han Solo.) He got an A. Then he completely ignored me for the rest of our senior year. Asshole. May his pipe never smoke, may his teapot be broke, etc, etc, etc…
5. I once saw Stephen King at the Bangor Mall, back in the 80’s, but I was too chicken to ask for an autograph. Or to do anything except stare at him like a total idiot.
6. My youngest brother now works as an intern for the sports radio station Stephen King owns. He refuses to arrange an introduction. I can’t blame him.
7. I’ve seen Gosford Park 22 times, 6 of those while listening to Julian Fellowes’ DVD commentary.
8. I own the soundtrack to Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And I listen to it.
Okay…now I’m supposed to ‘tag’ someone else. I’ll make it Matt, because he’s new to blogging, and Elle, because I want to see what sort of embarrassing stuff she’s got hidden in her sock basket. These are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag a couple others (the number is apparently up to the tagger) and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
2 thoughts on “Eight is Enough”
Mismatched socks? Ouch. I, on the other hand, will dig through the laundry in the dark until I find two that match … 😉
OK, going to do my Eight Things now …
1. Laughing. Hans is hot! Nice distinction.
2. I wish I had the guts to let loose and go sock crazy. Am way too organized, but I might try that sometime and see how it feels.
3. Me too! How funny.
4. You embarrassed him because you were smarter than him.
These were great fun! Thanks for playing.