“As coffee steeps in the cup it gives off a musky aroma and turns the colour of ink. No one can understand the truth until he drinks of its frothy goodness.”
by Sheik Ansari Djezeri Hanball Abd-al-Kadir, 1857
Today’s entry is dedicated to my doctor, who is after me to stop drinking coffee. Foolish woman. Here are just a few of coffee’s many benefits:
1. Coffee is an excellent source of Vitamin C.*
2. The average adult consumes 1,299 milligrams of antioxidants daily from coffee. That sounds like a lot to me.
3. People who drink coffee daily, or nearly every day, have half the liver cancer risk of those who never drink it.
4. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee per day can raise your I.Q. by 25 points.*
5. Men who drink more than six 8-ounce cups of caffeinated coffee per day lowered their risk of type 2 diabetes by about half, and women reduce their risk by nearly 30%, compared with people who do not drink coffee.
6. Drinking 12 or more cups of coffee per day prevents wrinkles.*
So drink up!
* Completely untrue.